Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Don't Get Caught Up In Their Shit

That's right, 31 said that to me. When 31 had his birthday cook out at his mother's house, three of his cousins came, three woman. I know some of his other cousins but not these three woman. I know his other cousins because I throw parties. They come to my parties and so does 31 so I met them.

Well, as I'm frying chicken in his momma's house, his three mean cousins come in. They hug each other and immediately begin to talk about the other cousins. The actual cousins who were nice to me. They were all like who are you but luckily 31 came in and introduced me. By the way he is still introducing me as his 'friend'. They looked me up and down and continued talking. I didn't involve myself in any of their conversations. A couple of times they asked if I needed anything which I made sure I talked back but other than that I was good. I was polite and said hello and goodbye but I have family members like that myself so I already knew.

That night after we dropped off his Goddaughter we were in the bed talking. He said oh the meanies like you. I thought oh really? He said yeah, they thought you were so polite and nice. The next day I went back over there and they actually held real conversations with me and didn't just talk about me. But things changed later that night when they checked myspace because the cousin they were talking about had already put up the pictures from the party already. That's when they saw the parties I saw and started to call me by nickname and not Cherry's Kid. Tension just felt tight and I was like okay never mind. I thought they were getting cool but it was like, no no no. Oh by the way, they tell me, we like you. 31 has brought girls back that have been like what? But you you're nice and we like. Trust us if we didn't then we would tell you.

Later that night, 31 I were talking and he said. Don't get caught up in their shit. Don't tell anyone the secrets they tell you cause that's what they want. At the end of the day just cause they sit up in the kitchen and talk about people doesn't mean that they won't still fight you cause you opened your mother. I love my cousins but don't get caught up in their shit. I'm not even worried about the statement. I'm more concerned about the meaning behind the statement. What do you mean don't get caught up in their shit. Am I going to see them more often to where I could? Am I going to be around longer? Wow...shocked the hell out me...well, I'm working on my graduation present...hopefully he will have something nice for me!!!!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:09 AM , Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

See comments from previous post...

Don't get excited over what you think he's saying. Go with what he is actually saying. Nah mean?

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger cherry's kid said...

RJ - Aight Son...I feel you son!

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger JayBee said...

i would have asked him to explain that a little further. i mean on the surface it seems that's he saying just don't get involved. like you can kick it with them, but don't get in their gossip. if you think it might have deeper meaning, then you need to press him for a more thorough explanation. i tend to err on the side of caution like rashan, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home