Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Frying Chicken in His Momma's House

"This friends shit is killing me!" "What do you mean?" "We're not friends cause clearly I'm doing things with you that I only do with someone who is my man." "I think we're more than friends, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship." "But if I was fucking someone else you would be mad." "I can't say anything." "But you weren't mad when you thought I fucked Shatim?" "LOL"

Okay...let me start from the beginning....

Saturday was 30 is now 31 Birthday Party. He had a cook out at his mother's house. He asked me to come there early. I get there early and ain't shit done. The dishes aren't washed, the kitchen floor isn't swept, the chicken isn't fried...it's like what the hell. So his mother asks me to help 30 is now 31 or should I say 31, his sisters, and her with the dishes while they continue to finish fixing the food and the backyard. Once I finished the dishes, I swept the floor, then his sister said she didn't know how to fry chicken so I started on that as well. It was crazy. In the middle of me frying chicken all his family started showing up.

He's introducing me as his friend but he's coming in checking on me, hugging me, kissing me, and all of this while I'm frying chicken in his MOMMA'S HOUSE! I didn't mind actually it was very funny. His one set of cousins were there talking about the other cousins. There was a pinata for the kids and someone got popped in the head with a stick. And at the end of the night people started stealing beers, pieces of cake, and slabs of ribs...yeah I said 2 slabs of ribs were missing at the end of the day.

Then the funniest started...31 definitely agreed for him and I to babysit his goddaughter that night. I was like what the hell!!! His cousins and Jersey friends were trying to holla...super funny. One guy was outside talking to me next thing you know 31's sister and I was talking and he gives me the side eye like come over here. I'm like what? He's really giving me the over here nod. I said no thank you. One of his cousin's was asking the 20 questions. Are you and 31 married? Is that your kid? Is that your man? Oh well can I say hi? NO...NO you can't!!! Luckily 31 saw it all and handled it all by telling all the guys to back off...very funny!!!!

The next day, I returned for the after party dinner. Which was fun as hell. His mean cousins who were talking about every one were back and they actually liked me...very funny...His momma and sisters are great...love them!!!! The grandparents were great...his dad is super funny, he tried to give me a political question to make sure I wasn't stupid...so I pulled out my 95k education on him...And the next day was even better because we were all playing cards.

With all of that said, the above conversation is what we had afterwards because clearly it was time for the talk. Well, clearly the talk didn't go well or at least how I thought it would. Not that I want to be his girlfriend but damn...stop treating me that way if you're not ready...but in reality am I ready? And aren't we already in a relationship because of the way he treats me? I mean seriously, I met the grandparents on both sides. What am I doing with myself? I just got out of an abusive relationship and here I rushing into something else? I don't know...But look at me frying chicken in his momma's house!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 11:15 AM , Blogger Jazzy said...

To reverse it...if I had some guy doing work or cooking over at my momma's house, it would be because I was serious about him. For some people it's not so much of a big deal.

In your case, 31 flat out said he is not ready for a relationship. If he's telling you that, then you're not in a relationship.

Don't let all the other stuff make you think otherwise.

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger JayBee said...

i agree with diva. though it seems ya'll have all the trappings of a relationship, until he's ready to give language to what ya'll have, it's just like kicking it. i can understand your point of view since ya'll are doing all the relationship type stuff. i mean, cooking at his mama's house is definitely relationship status, but he's not ready so just be patient. i wouldn't force anything right now. just enjoy.

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Adei von K said...

ditto diva. do you mind being the friend with benefits? if not, then no worries. based on the convo though, its not the ideal situation either.

i've been to grandothers' funerals... helping in the kitchen, bathing nieces, riding in the car with moms, taking pictures and everything! i just KNEW I was in there good!

or not.

 
At 10:26 PM , Blogger cherry's kid said...

Diva - Your like the older sister I do have but never talk to...family issue maybe i'll blog out it one day...anyway, I hope I didn't make it seem like I was sweating the little stuff cause I'm not...I just don't want him to do the little stuff if he's not ready to commit. I'm not saying I'm ready to commit just don't go there with me if you're not ready!

Jaybee - Love the new pic...I'm so not forcing anything...I think it was time for the talk...it was the first time we had it and the last for a while...maybe september when I get to leave for England...did I tell ya'll I'm going to England...I'll get to that later too

Von Kutie - I don't want to be the friend with benefits but I don't want to be the girlfriend either...I kind of just want the middle ground with no gray areas...sounds impossible I know so I'll just stick with what I can get for now...plus I'm still seeing other people!

 
At 2:15 AM , Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

I dont know about all of that substitute girlfriend/boyfriend stuff. I'm a have to agree with Diva like everybody else. I know I'm not bringing no women home if they aren't my girl, but you gotta go by what he says.

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger Jazzy said...

Please do post about England. I love it there actually. Lots to do...and London is a lot like New York.

LOVE THOSE ACCENTS!!!

I just wish the food was better. Plan early...take the train over to Paris or Amsterdam or some other cool place for a day.

Wish I was going! Jealous...lol!

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger JayBee said...

no. you ain't tell us nothing!! why didn't i get invited? how long you gonna stay? make sure you take plenty of pics. and what are you going for?

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i can smell it dang u wrong 4 that

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

"I kind of just want the middle ground with no gray areas"

looks like you have that. are you sure that's what you want tho? b/c you don't sound bitter at all (seriously) but it doesn't sound like that's really what you want b/c you want him to stop treating you like a gf. but if he did and never brought you around the fam again would you then feel some sort of way? b/c i get the impression you would. if he's telling you one thing, go with that. and if that's not enough with you kick, push, kick push, kick, push, kick push coast!

 
At 8:53 PM , Blogger cherry's kid said...

RJ - I'm definitely chilling ... I think it was a brief moment of a girly moment.

Diva - Not going to England just yet...going in September for 6 months to work as a Social Worker...will take alot of pictures!

Jaybee - You can definitely come as long as you find a job too!

Torrance - My chicken is good too!!!!

Jameil - You are so right!!! I would feel some kind of way if he never brought me around the fam or if he never brings me back around the fam again!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home