Wednesday, October 01, 2008

This Shit You Just Can't Make Up

I have the type of life that you just can't make up! No seriously I do!!! This is my life...I'm smart...I'm really smart...I graduated Graduate School with a 3.86 GPA, who does that shit? I don't know? I graduated high school at 17, I learned to read, write, and do math at the age of 4 and I mean like addition not counting numbers!!! I speak a couple of languages, I don't have kids, I live at home only because I'm saving $20k to buy a house, and my credit is pretty damn good; except Vicki Secrets calls sometimes cause they want they money for panties other than that I'm good!!! I take care of myself, I eat right, I keep my hair, nails, and other physical features in tact. I'm well read and I'm aware of both street and book knowledge. And besides all of that I'm cute!!!! I'm really cute, short as all hell but cute!!!

Well, I also have the 14 week curse! That's right I said it, a muthafuckin curse!!! I meet guy, guy tells me I'm all of the above, we date substantially and then the bottom falls out. I find out he has a baby on the way with a girl who has been fucking at least one of his friends and two other people, doesn't know if its his and they did a genetic test but not a paternity test and the chick keeps lying about her due date. I find out that he also has a female friend who he claims is just a friend but has recently kissed and her man is locked up and they spend an awful amount of time together, she drives his car, knows his family, runs personal errands for him, and decorates his house. I find out that there are other woman that he's also dating although I've asked several times if he was dating other women not because I'm being nosey but because I want to gauge how much feelings I should invest myself into it but I get a null and void answer. This is usually what I find at the 14 weeks, then I find myself retreating back to my home and not going out and not really giving my number out because every dude I have met since I broke up with my ex has been this way.

And before you can even say anything, I'm not talking about dudes I meet on the street. I'm talking about College Professors, Cops, Correction Officers, the Occassional Thug, Public Service Employees, Friend of Friend, Airline Worker, Teacher, I mean you name I've dated it...and all of them have the same issues. Are my standards too high? Am I looking for something that just isn't out there? And when I go for the guy that is not attractive to me, the corny looking dude he is so corny I walk all over him. I tell him what to do when to do and he does it and its annoying. I just want to meet my equal... EQUAL is that so hard to ask for? I know stop looking, I'm not these dudes come to me...stop thinking about it...I know I have but damn...I'm so lonely I just want 24 weeks of good dates and not the 14 week curse!!! I'm back to square one again...and yes all of those problems happen to be those of the current 14 weeker....he owns a retail shop!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM , Blogger Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Heh-heh-heh. This was kinda funny. Really. I'm chuckling not b/c of your frustration or loneliness, but b/c this is just how men are. Or I should say, desirable men are. They don't like to sit home. They're out and about. And everyone wants them.

Finding a desirable man not in a relationship of any kind is highly unlikely. Women outnumber 'eligble' men for a bunch of reasons you already know, and the competition is fierce.

I think that once a woman truly accepts this and doesn't sweat the other drama a man is having in his life, and enjoy dating a variety of guys at once rather than pinning hopes on one, she will have more fun.

Eventually one might like your no-pressure, relaxed company and want to spend his life with you. Or maybe not, since less than half of black women ever marry.

If you get a chance, check out my Hard Rocks Love Series on the right sidebar of my blog, and read 1 through 3 which addresses these issues.

 
At 11:59 PM , Blogger cherry's kid said...

KIT - I read all 3...I'm slowly falling asleep because I have work in the am but if I had time I would read all 6...I know for a fact that 1-4 applies to me so I need to read 4!!! You know us Social Workers give out great advice but can't follow it in our own lives. Those ideas are the same that my friends and I all speak about all the time...He can date down but you can't, we are uncompatible because we are dating too far down because the sex and attractiveness is there but not the other items on the wheel...and we do not know how to be passive as Black Women because for so long we have been fending for ourselves and young. I am smart and I shove it down their throats on a regular basis, I speak out of turn answering questions intended for others, I get an attitude when they hang out with someone else although I clearly know it is not that bad and at least he is coming back home to me but still!!!! Please keep writing this is all so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home