Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You Must Hate My Gas Tank

I have a friend who hardly ever comes out of the house. She is very pretty. She used to model. Remember the Carl Thomas video...yeah that's her. Well, she's always been the type who was always easy going and nice. She is the funniest person you'd ever meet. Well, over about 3 years ago she got into a relationship with someone. He has basically destroyed her self esteem to the point where she thinks that she is ugly and often leaves. He's even told her that she was stupid and corny and other name calling.

A couple of months ago we went out and he got into an argument with her and she decided not to go anymore. About 8 weeks ago she decided to come out with me and he got into another argument with her the night before. Instead of staying home she decided to come out with me anyway. We got there, we were having a good time, then he showed up. He walked in, looked her and then left. After that she complained the entire night. All of a sudden the club was wack, the people were corny, and she had a headache. Well basically that's how she has been ever since she has been with him. He gets her upset and then she just flips and turns into a person who thinks that she needs to run and hide in her home. She will just get up and say okay it's time for me to go home. She is basically hiding in her own home because of this man.

She's complained so bad while we were out that it came to the point where I would have to leave and drive her home. I got so mad that I just stopped inviting her out. How could any one woman, and I know what domestic violence is, I am a Social Worker, but I guess when it's close to home it still doesn't make sense. But how do you allow someone to have that much control over you. I told her several times that any time a man showed up where I was for 5 minutes to look at me then turn around and leave then I know I'm the fucking shit!!!! Not that I need to run the hell home and hide. LOL!

Long story short, last night she called and asked me to go out. I had a place in mind so I took her with me. She started talking in the car about how another friend of ours did an intervention on her. How she sat her down to help her get over him. Oh, did I forget to mention they aren't together anymore...yeah they break up every other week. Well, on the way she then says, oh I have a headache I think it's from this gum I'm chewing. That's how it all starts. She starts to talk about dude then she busts out and says oh I think my feet hurt. Then 1 hour later she demanding you take her home because he is texting her but her feet hurt too. Anyway, we get to the club and she automatically sits down and we were only there for about 5 minutes. She starts to complain about her feet hurting. Then when the music starts to get good and my other friends show up then she has a major headache and she's getting text messages so now she is ready to go. I can't take it anymore. I can't hang out with insecure people and I'm tired of leaving the club to take her all the way home and then drive back to the club. My gas tank can't handle it and this is ridiculous.

To my friend, I hope this doesn't hurt you but I love you and you have got to get over whatever it is that you are stuck on. If you need some help I got you but we'll meet there, you can't ride with me!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM , Blogger JayBee said...

sounds like domestic violence to me. although you've described your friend as attractive, which means she clearly has other options, she still will subject herself to this craziness. but it's because he's inside her head. she needs to detoxify. by the way, which carl thomas--summer rain? i'm with you on the driving separate cars. as a matter of fact, i can't believe ole dude hadn't suggested that already. that way when he texts her to come home and she doesn't come right away, he can use that as leverage against her because she wouldn't have the excuse about having to wait on cherry or whomever. not that i'm tryna help him or anything, but it just came in my mind. it may be good to note that i'm running on less than 2 hrs of sleep.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home