Saturday, April 05, 2008

30 Year Old Adventures

I'm was sitting here stalking all my friends in my head...yes the other Bloggers that I call friends in my head...Like I think we would get along in person if I actually knew them. Anyway, I just realized that I did not post what happened last weekend. I'm a little different, my real life friends actually read my blog as well. Let's just say I'm pretty bad at returning phone calls and sometimes text messaging situations can just get too long so I just blog and friends call me and comment. I'd prefer some comments on here too but I digress.

Anyway, last weekend was one of my Auxiliary Sister's Birthday. She has a boyfriend who lives in Philly so she decided to spend the weekend with him. I called and told her that I would come down so that we could go to dinner, her, her boo, 30, and I. She said cool but she wasn't sure what her dude was planning for her. I spoke with him and he told me the plans so it looked like I would just be spending the weekend with 30. After internship on Saturday, I got my hair done, packed up some quick items and drove down to Philly. I got there about 8pm. When I got there he lived in a nondescript neighborhood in an apartment building which was pretty nice with door service. It wasn't Center City like he described it but it was 5 minutes outside of Center City so I can't hate cause he wanted to call it that. I was so nervous...I just kept thinking, what if he's not feeling me!!! What if I'm fat!!! What if.... He met me at the door and walked me upstairs. We get to his apartment and it was immaculate!!!

Some of my girls knew that was going so the first thing I did was texted them..."either he lives with a female and she's out of town or he had an interior decorator"...my one friend wrote back or he's bisexual! I almost laughed out loud. There was a dude sitting on the couch that I didn't recognize. I got introduced to him, he was his barber. He put a movie on his 42" flat screen television, took my bag to his bedroom then got his hair cut in the kitchen. That's when I realized he was full of himself. The barber cut his hair then left. 30 said, I don't wait in barbershops so my barber comes to my house and cuts my hairs. I thought negative 1....you're not Diddy even though you look like an exact replica of him, you're not too good to sit in the barbershop. Then he sat down and asked what my friends had planned. They had texted during his hair cut that they decided to do a low key night inside the house. So I told him and he said that he had a nice Caribbean spot that he wanted to go to with me. We leave and go to dinner. He stated that he wanted to spot at some shops on South Street. We did and every store we went in he knew the person. On top of that every time we left a store he had to tell me who the person was, what they owned, and how they hooked him up. Negative 2....why are you name dropping, I don't care who you know...I'm trying to get to know you.

We went to dinner but as we were walking down the street his sister calls out from a car, 30! He tells his sister and her date to meet us at the spot. He then proceeds to tell me their relationship history. That was when I was like, dude is really nice, he's sweet, and stuff but what the hell!!!! And it hit me, he's insecure and clearly my lack of speaking and nonchalantness is killing him and he doesn't know what to do with the space of silence that is between us. It's not that I wasn't feeling him because I am...it's just that I'm quiet at first to get to know you. Negative 3....he felt the need to fill the silence with words.

Dinner was nice and I went with his selection of food choices but I hated my dinner. He was understanding and stated that it didn't' look like I liked it so he was sorry for suggesting it. I said it was cool, it was nice to see his style that's all, that's why I tried it. His sister was a little standoffish. That night was great. Of course you know it went down!!! And that I have no negatives or complaints. The next morning was even better!!!! Then he called his sister....

I can't stand group dates. The next day we went out shopping and to lunch with his sister. She was better and we actually held conversations and were making jokes with each other. I enjoyed it. We lost her for a moment and took a walk by ourselves through the park. It was beautiful! That's when I really started to like him. He stopped name dropping, he stopped showing off, and then everything was fine. Oh did I mention in the morning but he took 3.5 hours compared to my 1.5 hours to get dressed. Lunch was great and long story short...it was a nice weekend with it's ups and downs. He's on his way up here now...can't wait to see what happens...I'll post later

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:31 AM , Blogger who? said...

Negative 3....he felt the need to fill the silence with words.
Yo! I was feeling you up until that point... You should have at least bumped him up to negative 2. if there's silence, why wouldn't he try to get a conversation started? Moving along...

it's nice that you had a nice time here and that you did end up getting along with the guy. thumbs up to you...

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger JayBee said...

sounds like a good time. i'm glad you gave him a chance. believe me, he wasn't name dropping and acting high so you would dislike him.he was doing everything he knew to make a good impression on you. i'm new...so i need a little backstory. how long had you known 30? and i lmao @ you saying you avoid kids like the cancer on chris' blog!

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger cherry's kid said...

Canon - I don't know sometimes I think silence is good you know? Just a little bit...people get nervous with silence but it doesn't mean anything in my book

Jaybee - Back story under 'The 30 Year Old is Moving On Up'...I really do avoid kids like cancer...at lunch with his sister said to me that baby keeps looking at you you're going to have kids soon & I said yeah right then she turned to 30 & said when are you going to have kids...he almost choked...he avoids them too!!! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home