Friday, March 03, 2006

That's it I'm dropping out of Grad School!!!!!

For those who didn't know...I'm a graduate student...at a pretty prestigious university in the North East....well I just found out that that school is forcing me out of my studies. I have to do an internship unfortunately, I have to work full time every day to afford school. I know your immediate solution...quit work and take out loans...well for undergrad I went to a pretty prestigious university in the South East (GO GATORS!) so my total debt right now is $63k+ .... (side bar- anyone want to help with those payments? If you got the principle I got the interest!) Anyway, so I work in order to go to school not the other way around. Long story short I can't do my internship on weekends or night time hours (according to the school!). So what do I do? I'm open to any and all suggestions... I can do workstudy but if my job doesn't approve of it...it's a wrap for me! And guess you formalized those words exactly for me? The Dean of Placements/Field Instruction....her exact words were..."well if that doesn't work out then you may have to leave school..." HELP ME PLEASE!

5 Comments:

At 3:56 PM , Blogger Zeezy4Sheezy said...

Well actually I should say Uncle Sam since I pay him money every month

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger T Dot said...

Honey, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Would it be possible to work part time at both? Maybe working your paying job a few days a week and on the weekends and then doing the internship like 3 days a week? I know those internship things usually have hour requirements, but see if a company will work with you. Or see if your current employer will let you switch to nights or work from home or something. Hope it all works out!

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Jarrod said...

There's always the crack game. That's what they did in the 80's. And they say that history does repeat itself...but seriously maybe you could look into reducing your work load at school. Less class means less money you have to pay. I know it may stretch out the time you have to spend in school, but it may pay off in the long run.

 
At 3:25 PM , Blogger GreatWhyte said...

I know school loan debt better than anyone I know... I owe the government almost $100,000 for a degree that I didn't even stick around long enough to get. But at the end of the day, you have to do what you have to do. I know it seems insane to quit your job and take out more loans to pay for school, but it might be your best bet. You will be able to go ahead and get school out of the way in the least amount of time, and who knows? You might be able to get a full time position after you finish that will help you to pay off those loans. Hope that was at least a little helpful...

 
At 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Hiking gear supply Porsche 944 stainless door sills ford ka 69 charger daytona dodge

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home