Thursday, January 19, 2006

"One Monkey Don't Stop the Show"

My first day of my spring semester started yesterday....I am now once again a boring graduate student! Being a grad student isn't that boring though, because professors believe you're the cream of the crop that applied so you can basically say and do whatever you want. Especially when your concentration is something so caring like Social Work. So here is what happened...I like taking breaking in between my 3 hour classes, shit who wouldn't right? (side bar - there are those who are true geeks and they don't like it...well more power to you but I'm a slacker geek)...(dictionary - slacker geek - n - someone who is a geek but is a slacker at the same time so they come off as cool but really they are geeks!) Anyway, the professor asked who wanted to take a break after 2 1/2 hours of class and I raised my hand immediately. Plus there are two sections of my course my section has about 20 people in it while the other section has about 30, well I wanted to take a break to go and buy my book since I have homework due next week ALL DAMN READY! But the entire class looked at me like I was stupid and one person, the 'spokesperson' said they didn't want to take a break as a class. I said ok and proceeded to get up get my wallet and walk out of class...the everyone was like where are you going...and I turned to the professor and said I was going to buy my book and that, "ONE MONKEY DON'T STOP THE SHOW!" go ahead keep class going but me... I'm going to get my book I'll be right back. And I was I was only gone for like 5 minutes...didn't miss shit..and still fell back in line..by answering a question as soon as I walked in the door! Now what? Slacker Geek on the rise! But for real why in society do we have to feel all cohesive as if because I want to take a break the whole class has to stop...who the hell am I? I don't run your lives and if I do I feel sorry for them!

Ps. About the 37 y/o he's cool...I cooked him dinner last night...Sausage, sweet peppers, hot peppers (one time for the Caribeans), onions, and tomatoes...it was cool...fell asleep on the couch with him then I went home...everything is going great...according to plan so far...oh what is my plan? Smooth and slow...just to see where it's going!

1 Comments:

At 10:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all i generally love ur blog. it's mad cool and quite real and that's y i read it :) (when u send the link)
i completely agree with ur comment about society...u r oh so right and im proud of u for just gettin' up and doing what u gotta do. i don't know how great it is calling urself a monkey though infront of so many white people (im assuming of course that there r more whites than black in ur course...i could be wrong...in which case, it's fine)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home