Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"We're in a Sex & the City World and you're Prudish"

On Monday night a guy friend of mine told me that statement so directly and so true..."we're in a sex & the city world and you're so prudish"....meaning...you don't drop it like it's hot. I mean it's cool and all that you meet nice guys and they want to take you out and stuff but after a couple of weeks they see you're tworkin' it (dictionary - tworkin' it - bluntly, fucking) then they aren't in to you like! That's right if you aren't dropping ya draws then he's just not into you like that....I have finally learned that the hard way. So what's wrong with me being prudish, what's wrong with me not wanting to have meaningless sex with random-ass men? So what if I have inhibitions? Why can't I have morals? Am I the only 23 y/o with some type of values? Is it wrong for me to want til I'm married to have children? Is it wrong for me not to want to be someone's babymomma but to want to be their wife (in the literal terms)? Is it wrong because I wait longer than a month to give up my goodies? I mean I've been there I've done that and now I'd like to think that I'm down to earth and that I have reached potential! I don't want to do that anymore so is that wrong that I actually grew up and no one else did?

3 Comments:

At 10:32 AM , Blogger Zeezy4Sheezy said...

Man I can't front.. I've been guilty of doing that a time or 2 b4. But I was younger and at the time that was all I concerned myself with getting. Now once you've matured a little and your priorities change getting "some cut" isn't as important as it use to be. Just finding some one compatible is a challenge in itself nowadays

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger GreatWhyte said...

This probably won't be very popular - but imagine that I'm playing the devil's advocate. Why is a woman who knows what she wants (and doesn't want) out of life and who enjoys the occasional sex with no strings attached considered "wrong" or "not grown up?" Maybe she just views her sexuality and her ability to share it differently than most. But no, I don't think that you are a prude. You are just a lady who has decided to place a value on herself and what she has to offer - I can't imagine why anyone would be unable to respect and celebrate that. And as a 28-year-old woman who has made similar choices: kudos to you!

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger cherry's kid said...

I definitely understand you X-Factor...no offense taken I don't think a girl "like that" is wrong or not grown up I should just say it's not me and I wish guys would not think it's me....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home