Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Driving Around in a Fog

Last week I just seemed to be in a fog and just lost. It could have been attributed to the fact that I was anxiously awating graduation on May 19th [went well haved to post later about that], could have been that I was partying too much because of graduation, or it just could have been the fact that my GPS Navigation System BROKE!!!

I'm definitely depending on the latter as the explanation. I work for the State where I have to drive around and save the children...I cover two counties. Although I grew up in parts of both of those counties, I don't know the entire counties by heart. Well, I was at work, driving mind you and then it happened. I started smelling the sweet smells of garlic. Okay, I know what you're thinking, who thinks garlic is sweet smelling. I love food!!! I mean I really love food!!! So I'm sitting there thinking, where is the Portugese restuarant cause all I could think of was rotisseri chicken with red beans and rice... I continue to drive thinking, this is not the part of town where the Ethnic foods are...why the hell am I smelling garlic. Then I started thinking, did I leave something in the car.

I started pulling out all of the airfresheners I could think of in the car. Finally, I looked down to see where to turn next on my hand Mio GPS when I realized it was smoking. That's right, the bitch was smoking. I pulled over immediately, unplugged it then started blowing into it. I turned it off thinking...okay...if I turn it off it will reset and be fine. I turned it off but it never turned back on...I was so sad...But what was worst was that I was lost in the middle of the hood and I kept circling the block in the state car so it looked like I was setting the crack operation up for the shake down by the feds. Finally, I just pulled over, sucked it up and called the office to get turn by turn directions to the place I needed to go. All I could say, was why the hell did I turn it off? And who thought of turn it off, it'll reset and turn back on. I do that shit with everything, tv acting up turn it off and on again. PC acting up, turn it off and on again. What the hell made me think a smoking GPS would even turn back on?

After that I refused to leave the office until today. Today was the first day I was back in the field driving around, but that was because I used the money that 31 gave me for graduation!!!! That's right ya'll 31 gave me about $300 for my graduation present...which was really cool cause he's so nice. He also played really nice with the family at graduation, he sat next to them and was really helpful for me!!! So I'm happy to say that I'm finally done with this fog and I know where I'm going!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:43 PM , Blogger JayBee said...

lmaaaaaao at this right here. i was not expecting you to say that the gps started smoking and smelling like garlic. wow. big ups to 31 (the significant other formerly known as 30) for playing with the fam and the nice graduation gift. i'm definitely not mad at you for not leaving the office today. i'd refuse to leave until they got that sh@t fixed.

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Jazzy said...

Sounds like you were driving around Newark...pronounced Nawk. I always crack up when I hear a New Jersey native say it! lol

LMAO @ the smell of the burning system making you think of Portugese food.

Congrats on graduating!

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger cherry's kid said...

Yo I was really looking for the grill and I swear I was like where the hell is the place at I am so damn hungry all I want is some red beans and rice with chicken!!!! LOL!!!!

Nawk [LMAO] had me so full and so far gone!!!! I was like damn I'm in the middle of the projects and I can't find where I need to go...

Thanks for the Graduation Shouts I'm about to post photos!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home