Monday, April 07, 2008

Why Hood Is Like Oil to Water

I did see the 30 this weekend but I'll post later about that...My hand still hurts from punching a dude and a my face hurts from getting punched by a chick. Okay let me be more specific. I promote parties as a side hustle to make money for graduate school. Anyway, someone approached me and my team a while ago to throw a party on my night. I never do a collaboration on a Sunday night...my team does it dolo [solo for those outside of Jersey]. But the money they gave was right and the shit they were talking about their type of crowd fit mine. My crowd fyi is very 30 and up and I mean like no shit talking, just came out for a drink and to vibe to some good music, no problems, everyone knows everyone, hugging laughing all that.

Well last night was not that type of night. First off, I get there late because I left Philly late. By the time I get there my team sets up already with the other team. I walk in the door check everything then open my doors. There is two girls at the door. One taking money for one group and another taking money for my group. The type of people that were lined up outside made me want to just shut the shit down immediately but my partners kept saying...give them a chance, give them a chance. Then it happened people was arguing about mandatory coat check, dudes was coming in saying I don't' own a button up...Then one of my long time customers got snuck by a dude. He knocked her ass out. I mean she was passed out on the floor. I honestly thought she had fainted cause it was hot so I went to help her up when her friend said fuck that we pressing charges. I'm like what the fuck happened. The cops came back couldn't find dude cause the girl left without giving us a description.

I shut the door down at 1am then went in the club and went in my vip section to find some girls drinking my liquor and dancing in my area. When I ask them to leave they like you just the coat check bitch. I'm like no ho!!! Yes HO!!! I'm the fucking promoter this my shit...matter fact fuck that get the fuck out!!!!! Then some dude comes up to me like you can't throw them out and he gets in my fucking face. Oh I'm so heated just typing this shit!!! So I get them the fuck out then I get my peoples in their VIP spot I leave cause I'm like fuck it I'm back to the door. Then dude grabs my ass and says hey. N*gga get the fuck off me. So I grabbed his arm and said don't touch me. He grabbed my ass again so I snuck his ass!!! Then the bouncer threw him out!!! It was like what fucking crowd is this shit!!!!

Then at the end of the night, the guy we let jump on the party with us his boy got drunk and was arguing crazy hard at the door all fucking night long!!!! It was so annoying. Then the party is over. We're handing out the coats...a fucking fight breaks out. I get pinned between two coat check racks...The fight comes into the coat check I'm on the floor I get back up and half the coats are gone...people started snatching coats...I'm like Oh Shit!!! At the end of the night this one girl's coat was gone and she argued with me. I was like were you here when the fight was in the coat check? She started saying she was going to fuck me up, she was going to take my coat, do something about it. At the end it was like fuck you bitch do something then...and she did...she hit the shit out me!!! She got thrown out too. And did I mention...the other team ran out without cutting us a share of their money!!!!

I'm so mad...never again...never ever ever ever again!!!! This is why the hood can not come to the suburbs. I maybe sounding a little classicist but honestly this is why there isn't shit in the hood now cause they don't know how to act! And don't' get me wrong...I'm from the hood...I grew up in Newark, NJ then Elizabeth then moved to the suburbs...but the thing is...if you hood and you don't bring drama we cool but all that unnecessary drama is the worst! And I didn't have an attitude with anyone...my partners were on that fuck you shit last night I was trying to peace everything up. In the end the dude hit the chick cause he was high, the girl hit me cause she doesn't' know how to express her anger, the two dudes were fighting over beef from 6 years ago, and I hit the dude cause I don't want to be disrespected!!!

I'll do a post about my weekend later after I calm down...just had to get that off my chest.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:21 PM , Blogger JayBee said...

wow at that. you are still able to deconstruct the events of the night with a clear and level head. wow. you knew ahead of time though that this was not a good idea. you know how it is when you give people a chance. a lot of times sh@t happens just like what happened to you. i have two weird facinations: party promoting and the drug game. needless to say i was engrossed in this story. damn at the people not giving you your cut. i know you ain't neva eva eva messing with them again.

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Jazzy said...

Wow...I just kept saying out loud "OMG". I grew up in Brooklyn and currently live in Jersey City, but I was still amazed at the "hood" drama.

See this is EXACTLY why I do NOT party in Jersey. I sleep here, but I don't hang out here at all!

I wouldn't mess with that group of people ever again either...they can't help what the other people did, but they didn't have to just leave you like that either. That's just bad business.

 
At 9:41 PM , Blogger cherry's kid said...

Jaybee - never ever ever ever again!!! I don't even care about the money cause if that's the type of people they associate with then forget it...I don't care I just don't want to see none of them again!!!

O. Diva - I know what you mean sometimes partying in Jersey is like setting yourself up for failure...our spot is not like that at all they came in destroyed something we built up...I hope our regulars don't hate us for a bad business decision...

 
At 2:20 AM , Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

That's mad hood, yo! I need you to not get hit and talk about it like its nothing. LOL

At least there was no shooting!

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger cherry's kid said...

RJ - What do you want me to do? They put me in a situation where I had to hit a couple of people...if they want to press charges go ahead...I was just defending myself...but you're right they brought me down to their level for like 20 minutes!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home