Monday, January 14, 2008

Why You Talking to Me Then?

I had a birthday party recently... Actually I had 3! I normally do that. I take off the week of and after my birthday and party for that long. A couple of guys asked me for my number over the weekend. We all know I'm single now.

Well, I just don't understand men now. Why do you ask for a woman's number if you're not going to use it? I have a theory...walk with me for a minute.

My Theory: There is an abundance of good black women that black men don't have to work hard for a number anymore. We are just throwing ourselves at them. And because they have such a great choice they just gather our numbers like pieces of art and we just sit on pedestals until they decide to call us.

But my major question is why? Why do you need to get my number, her number, and hers then decide who you want to call. I don't do that. I don't go around getting four numbers from guys then wait to call them. If I want your number I ask for it and I use it. My thing is if you're talking to a woman and you ask for the number and you really don't want it then why are you talking to me?

Don't talk to me! If we strike up a conversation you realize you don't want to keep talking...it's a big club...walk the hell away. Excuse yourself, go to the bathroom, never come back. I don't care just walk away! But don't pacify me by taking my number. That doesn't pacify me. That makes me confused, angry, and self conscious when you don't call.

I just wanted to know why?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home