Friday, September 30, 2005

About Me....

I've seen a lot of blogs where people sit and talk about themselves...I've never really found myself so interesting to talk about myself like that. At the same, I've noticed that I may perceived from my lifestyle as someone totally different than I actually am...so with that here are some random facts/thoughts from myself:

1. I can't see myself living pass the age of 35
2. Not that I want to die but it's not something I can envision
3. I'm only 5' tall
4. When I was in 9th grade I wore a size ten shoe now I wear a size 6 1/2, my mom thinks I wore big shoes to fit in
5. When I first got to college my major was journalism, but I'm lazy so I changed my major
6. I love the snow but hate the winter only because I'm anemic
7. I'm suppose to wear glasses but I don't wear them that often so most people think I'm scowling at them but really I'm squinting because I can't see
8. I wanted to go to a HBCU but because all of my educational life I never went to school with other races I had to go to a non-HBCU
9. I went to an all African-American Catholic Elementary School but it was all African-American because it was in the hood
10. I am facinated with jails and the pathology of those who are incarcerated
11. I am the only African-American at my job therefore I am the only spokeperson for my race at work...I loathe that!
12. My parents look like they could be brother and sister, I would believe they were if it weren't for the fact that they are from two different countries
13. I am trilingual
14. My father is an illegal alien
15. I'm still afraid of the dark therefore I sleep with the tv on
16. I can't sleep if the closet door is open...honestly I still believe the boogyman lives in there!
17. I am afraid of divorce therefore I am afraid of marriage thus I am afraid of commitment. (Do you follow?)
18. I have over 20 bestfriends...I have to explain that in person
19. I don't like to kiss
20. I snore
21. Whenever I get sick I don't go to the doctor but if I'm healthy I will go to the doctor
22. I like all types of music except country music...no I like country music I hate bluegrass music 23. My parents were married for 15 years before they even thought of having kids together but for some reason I have three brothers and two sisters who are all older than me
24. My grandmother is my #1 bestfriend
25. When I was in middle school and high school I was treated for severe depression
26. I had an anxiety attack twice at school...one I blacked out and fell in an ant pile needless to say I hate ants
27. I have repressed a lot of my painful memories
28. I was in foster care in high school for about a year
29. My aunt is my legal guardian (or was) and at the time she wouldn't take me in
30. I can remember every address and telephone number I had since I was five
31. I am an idiot savant (according to my educational psychologist) when it comes to mathematics
32. I love cartoons especially adult swim
33. I have bad handwriting
34. When I'm done with my formal education I plan on moving back to the South
35. I have a lazy eye but the crazy thing is that eye has the strongest vision
36. I get ear infections all of the time
37. When I was younger I thought my mom was Phylicia Rashad
38. I taught myself html way before blogger existed
39. I saw my first music video in 10th grade (8 yrs ago)
40. My favorite singer is Janet Jackson but back in the control and pleasure principle days
41. I didn't meet my "twin" brother until I was 15 (they call us twins because we look exactly alike)
42. I have been engaged before
43. I think I have a guardian angel (my pop-pop)
44. I have had visions in the past
45. I use to have dual citizenship
46. Iuse to write books now I just write poetry
47. I want to be famous but I am afraid of my possible greatness therefore I don't try
48. I am more of a loner than people think I am
49. I can drive a stick
50. I hate going to the physical movie theatres
51. I wanted to live in London when I was younger (until I went there)
52. My cousin Jarrod is not really my cousin but my first cousin's first cousin (yeah that was a splaboo statement)
53. I'm insecure about my looks but I've been told that I am pretty
54. It's hard for me to accept compliements without feeling weird
55. All of my family graduated from the same high school in the same town
56. I admire my mom for her strengthen and courage
57. I'm a spoiled brat
58. I went to college right after I turned 17
59. I'm taller than my mom
60. I can recognize most samples that producers use today
61. I talk to myself a lot
62. I am very forgetful and have to write notes to remember everything but I always loose the notes
63. I had braces for 7 years
64. I was very outgoing when I was younger now I'm extremely shy
65. I have been thinking about seeing a counselor for that
66. My hometown is only 3mi by 4 mi big
67. I like thugs why I don't know probably because I'm from a small town
68. I don't want kids
69. I have truly been in love once and I messed it up and I miss him
70. I always look for someone's faults in order to not get close to them ... if I find something that is a character flaw then I can not embrace them therefore I won't get hurt
71. I was rejected once by this one guy in college freshmen year...he knows who he is...I respect him more for that! Even though he ended up talking about me to his friend who later became my roommate.
72. All of my guy friends I consinder my brothers
73. I still talk to my ex, all the time
74. He is probably the only guy I will ever be in love with
75. I laugh at my own jokes
76. Sometimes I laugh at jokes in my head and when I'm driving I look crazy laughing in my car by myself
78. I like old school time at noon on the radio
79. When a I graduate from grad school I will be the first person in my family with an advance degree
80. I like looking at pictures but hate taking them
81. I don't believe there is such a place as South Jersey (sorry anything past exit 9 on the turnpike doesn't exist to me)
82. In college because I was from the North I was different
83. I can be materialistic when it comes to clothes and accessories
84. I get disoriented on the weekends because there is no schedule for me to follow
85. I like to go to the library
86. Sometimes I think everyone is stupid
87. I point out the obvious to make people mad
88. I curse in front of my parents
89. I listen to rap music with my mom even though she is clearly in her early sixties (a lot of guys think she's a milf)
90. My favorite color is purple
91. I can't multiply in my head
92. I still use my fingers and toes to count
93. I have totaled two cars and my parents keep giving me cars
94. I'm a geek I love all types of knowledge
95. I am not an abstract thinker
96. I learned how to read, write, and do simple math when I was three because my mom was frustrated with always answering my kiddie questions so she just taught me so that I could figure it out on my own
97. Only 10 have ever seen me cry (I think)
98. I laugh when I'm really angry, occassionally I start fights
99. I don't understand all of religion
100. I have dated someone from every race

3 Comments:

At 4:51 PM , Blogger Jarrod said...

Now I gotta come up with 100 things about me...

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger T Dot said...

I just saw this post - cool beans. Not that I knew a whole lot about you, but I know a little more now. Interesante! :-)

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Lady D said...

I am working on mine and it takes forever. I do feel like I know alot about you that I didn't know before.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home