Monday, January 14, 2008

Do We Compromise Ourselves?

Recently I listened to a podcast done by a college friend of mine. Zette has the B.I.G. Girl's Guide to Life http://bgguide.net/ . I often read it and listen to it. Recently she had a podcast with several people that I have associated with briefly in college and it was nice to listen to their breakdown of the Black Female Ego. It was very interesting and thought provoking. I applaud her and them for it!!!!

My question to you young, black, savvy, professional women.... do we compromise ourselves for our professional lifestyle. Do we compromise our love lives because the selection of professional black men are not compatible to us? My last post was about men taking our numbers and not calling us...but the underlying issue in the post was that there is a shortage of young, black, savvy, professional men! This shortage is basically to the fact that there is a 15:1 ratio of men to women. I love myself....but I can't keep loving myself by myself for the rest of my life...

My question is how does your love life survive with such a ratio taking into context the previous post and now?

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you so much I can't even comment. I really just shake my head cause I have no idea what we (black woman) can/should do.
My only thought is: take it one day at a time, trust to God, and know that there is someone for everyone whether he turns out to be black, white, yellow, garbage man, or lawyer. He'll fit you and love you and make you happy.
I guess that's what we really want. No matter how many degrees he has on his wall the question when your 60 will be "did he make me happy?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home